Above: another vodka cream sauce recipe, using tagliatelli pasta.
If you're tired of the typical red Italian sauces, but don't want a white sauce, penne vodka cream sauce lies right about in the middle. Simple to make, this easy homemade vodka cream sauce can be made in bulk to serve larger crowds!
* 2 cups cooked penne pasta
* 4 Tablespoons olive oil
* 3 minced shallots
* 1/3 cup chicken broth
* 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
* 1/4 teaspooon crushed red pepper
* 1/4 cup heavy cream
* 3 Tablespoons vodka
* Fresh minced flat leaf parsley
* Grated parmesan cheese
1. Saute the shallots until slightly cooked. Stir in the paste, crushed red pepper, and broth. Reduce the heat to low, adding the vodka and cream slowly. Stir constantly to avoid scorching. Heat thoroughly, but do not boil or burn.
2. Toss the sauce mixture with the cooked pasta. Top with the grated parmesan cheese and parsley, serving immediately.