One of the richest and most popular dishes in Italian American restaurants has to be fettuccine alfredo. There's something about the full flavor, creaminess, and cheesiness that combine to make a satisfying, go-to Italian dinner recipe for holidays, weekends, and anytime you're feeling like the ultimate in comfort food. The beauty of making homemade fettuccine alfredo is that it's incredibly easy to make at home, with just a few basic ingredients. There are many variances in recipes all over the web, but the basis for all of them are cheese, heavy cream, and pasta.
* 1 package fettuccine
* 6 Tablespoons butter
* 1/4 cup heavy cream
* 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
* White mushrooms, cleaned and sliced lengthwise thin
* Fresh ground pepper to taste
1. Prepare the fettuccine according to package directions.
2. Prepare a large saucepan with 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the butter and pepper to the saucepan, then add the prepared fettuccine. Add the cream to the mixture and heat until it thickens. Add the mushrooms and cheese to the mixture, heating throughly and tossing the mixture frequently. Melt the cheese entirely, then serve.
Some suggested items to add to the recipe:
* Cooked garden peas
* Fresh baked diced chicken breasts
* Sun dried tomatoes
* Roasted red peppers