If you're looking for an easy dish to make that tastes just as good leftover, vegetable primavera is a great choice. Homemade vegetable pasta primavera can contain a variety of vegetables, from either the supermarket or your local farmstand (though the farm variety will taste better most likely!). Usually summer squashes and zucchinis make great additions, and saute beautifully. Read on for directions to make this easy Italian recipe!
* One large zucchini squash, sliced and halved
* One large yellow squash, sliced and halved
* One ripe garden tomato, diced
* Small bunch fresh basil leaves, chopped
* 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
* 2 Tablespoons olive oil
* 2 Tablespoon fresh grated parmesan cheese
* 1 box penne pasta, shells, or rotini
1. In a large skillet on medium heat, saute the olive oil with the zucchini and yellow squash for 12 minutes, or until slightly softened. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to box directions.
2. Add the diced tomatoes and basil, then saute the mixture for approximately 4 minutes, enough to warm the tomatoes and cook slightly. The tomatoes may fall apart, but will add texture and flavor to the dish.
3. Add the parmesan cheese, cooked pasta, and pepper to the mixture and toss. Serve immediately.