If you're in the mood for fried food without the fat, these crispy baked risotto balls are perfect! Easy and quick, you can add a number of other ingredients to the mix, like broccoli florets, diced ham, or diced mushrooms! These make a great snack for parties, and an excellent appetizer before dinner. Bon appetit!
* 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (fresh)
* 2 slices prosciutto cut small and diced
* 4 cups chicken broth
* 1 onion chopped
* 1 Tablespoon olive oil
* 1 cup Arborio rice
* 1/2 cup dry white wine
* 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
* 1 Tablespoon grated lemon zest
* 1/4 teaspoon paprika
* 1 Tablespoon butter
* 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
1. Boil the chicken broth, and saute the onion in a saucepan with the olive oil. Add the rice and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add 1/2 cup cooked broth with the dry white wine. Stir until the rice absorbs the liquid. Gradually add the broth every few minutes until all of the broth is absorbed. After absorbed, stir in the parmesan cheese, lemon zest, and butter.
3. Mix the prosciutto and mozzarella cheese in a bowl. Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F. Sandwich the risotto between a small amount of the mozzarella and prosciutto mixture, then roll into a ball. Roll the ball in breadcrumbs. Repeat to make 8-10 balls.
4. Bake for five minutes, then turn and bake another five minutes, until crispy golden brown. Serve immediately.
More recommended Italian recipes:
* Homemade Veggie Pasta Primavera
* Penne with Vodka Cream Sauce
* Easy Homemade Pizza Dough