Minestrone is a staple not just for Italians, but for restaurants, chefs, moms and dads all over the world. This recipe can be made in a slow cooker if you're short on time, or over a stove top. Here's how to make this slow cooker homemade minestrone soup in just a few minutes!
* 1 can canellini beans
* 2 cans beef broth
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 2 chopped onions
* 1 sliced carrot
* 4 celery stalks, sliced
* 1 tablespoon minced garlic
* 1 can (28 oz) plum tomatoes
* 2 Tablespoons dried parsley
* 2 small diced zucchini
* 2 potatoes, scrubbed and diced
* 1/2 cup small pasta (like ditalini or tubini)
1. Saute all of the chopped vegetables along with the olive oil in a skillet. Soften the veggies until lightly cooked, about 10 minutes.
2. Add all of the ingredients except the pasta to a crockpot. Alternatively, add to a large soup pan and place on low heat. For the crockpot version, cook for 4 hours on low heat.
3. Check the soup to see if the vegetables are soft. Add the pasta if soft, and cook for approximately 15 minutes. Check often to see the firmness of the pasta. Serve immediately when pasta is tender, remove from heat to avoid cooking the pasta further.